- Our Wallaby has a three-position airlift that holds most sewing machines comfortably and moves effortlessly up and down in a small footprint.
- The lifter platform adjusts easily to all heights of machines for ease of free-arm and flatbed sewing, then down into storage inside the cabinet.
- Your sewing machine will fit nicely on the lift while the space to the left of the cabinet offers room for a serger, a felting machine or even another sewing machine.
- The Wallaby comes with a quilt leaf on the back of the cabinet that folds up or down and will help to expand your work area, preventing large quilts or large pieces of fabric from falling on the floor behind the cabinet.
- An optional machine specific custom insert can be ordered for the Wallaby II here: http://sewingtablesbysara.com/custom-insert/.
- Three shelves feature 33 spool holders, a large drawer and door tray keep all your sewing accessories at hand and organized neatly.
- Once your sewing project is complete, safely conceal and secure all your sewing notions, fabric and equipment by closing both doors and turning the key to lock them shut.
- The Wallaby II is offered in a Teak or White melamine to complement any décor. Adopt one of our Wallaby II’s today!
- Closed Dimensions: 42-3/4” wide x 19” deep (front to back) x 30-1/4” tall
- Open Dimensions: 70-5/8” wide x 59-7/8” deep x 29-1/2” tall
- The opening and platform will accommodate sewing machines no larger than:
- 23-1/2 wide (left to right)*
- 12-1/4” deep (front to back)*
- 13-7/8" tall*
*Please measure your machine and include knobs, plugs, etc. that extend beyond the body of machine.
- Construction: Melamine/MDF/Composite
- Airlift Platform Weight Limit: 55 pounds
- Custom Machine Insert Available
Sewing Machines That Do Not Fit Wallaby II
This lists the sewing machines that Arrow knows will not fit into the Kangaroo Wallaby II model K8405 Teak and K8411 White available starting October 1, 2016.
Sewing Machines that are too large and do not fit this cabinet:
- Dream VX8500D
Elna 920 eXpressive
- eXpressive 920 (Same as Janome Horizon Memory Craft 15,000)
The machine fits the platform of the cabinet in flatbed position (a custom insert is available) but you will have to move the sewing machine from right to left to lower into the storage position because of the extension of the front support leg of the machine. Also the knee lifter lever cannot be used with a sewing cabinet due to the length of the lever and how machine sits on the platform in flatbed position.
These machines are ones that have known fit issues. Please be advised that this list will change as new models are introduced. It is extremely important to measure your machine prior to ordering to make sure it will fit.
The cabinet ships in 3 boxes and is assembled using a standard screwdriver, adjustable wrench and hammer/mallet. Assembly instructions are included, but you can download the Assembly Manual PDF file below.
Scroll to the Assembly Videos section below to view the step-by-step video to see how we do it. Our assembly experts are just a toll-free phone call away if you need help.
The Assembly Manual PDF file is available via the link below.
Click the link to open the PDF file in a new window.
Right click the link and select "Save Link As" (or "Save Target As") to immediately save this PDF manual to your computer.
https://www.arrowcabinets.com Up to date instructions for Part 1 of DIY assembly of the Wallaby cabinet with captions
Wallaby Assemb...https://www.arrowcabinets.com Up to date instructions for Par...
Wallaby Assemb...https://www.arrowcabinets.com Part 2 of Revised Assembly vide...
Alternative_Ai...https://www.arrowcabinets.com/ Alternative airlift steps for ...